Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Race Report: Women Running Wild 2014


The Skiba women ran great races at the 18th Annual Women Running Wild on Saturday July 21st in Osterville, MA. 

2 women.  2 PRs.  1 awesome evening.

When I ran this race in 2012, it was my fastest 5k since high school.  It was a fun race, a fairly flat course, and I was excited to be back.  My goal for 2014 was to break 21 minutes.

I became super nervous waiting around all day until the 6pm race.  I am so out of my comfort zone running 5ks.  They are short.  They are fast.   And I don’t like short or fast.  Well, I like fast but you know what I mean.

Anyway, it was a beautiful night for a race!  Perfect temperature.  A little breezy but the sun was shining and there were a lot of happy women at the start line.

The first mile I was relaxed - almost too relaxed as I kept gazing at my watch and forcing myself to slow down.  I passed a couple of women in the first mile and a half but then I stayed about the same distance behind the 2nd place girl for the rest of the race.  I finished the race feeling good.  I was definitely working the last mile but I didn’t feel like I totally pushed myself, which is a good sign of my fitness.  I crossed the line in 3rd place with a 20:49.  Happy Jen!

Linda ran a 27:50!  She didn’t stop to walk at all.  She is turning into quite the little runner.



Up next: 50 Yard Finish on Saturday morning!  I won’t be running for time... I’ll be racing for an age group medal!  Last year I jogged the course finishing 4th in my age group.  It normally wouldn’t faze me missing out on a medal until I realized it was a Buffalo Bills medal.  Anything for my Bills.

#BillsMafia

No comments:

Post a Comment