Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve Turkey Encounter


This is the face of a Christmas Eve turkey killer.

I just finished up an easy 4 mile run when I heard noises.  I was about 3 houses away from home when I saw them.  Two wild turkeys.

They are not unfamiliar with our neighborhood but I have always kept my distance.  Not today.

One came charginging at me.  I didn’t know what to do so I stopped.  It stopped.  I walked.  It walked.  I ran.  It ran.  I stopped again.

The turkey was about 2 feet away from me.  I had to make a decision: try to kick it or spray it with mace.  I reached in my pocket, grabbed my mace and started spraying.  The turkey started walking toward me.  I kept spraying.  It finally turned around went back with its friend.


Does anyone know what happens to a maced turkey?!


No comments:

Post a Comment